Creative Problem Solving
Line managers, team leaders, senior managers
Many business leaders are faced with solving problems and negotiating satisfactory outcomes; this workshop is designed for anyone who finds themselves faced with such scenarios, and gives you the tools to effectively and confidently solve problems at any level.
Solving problems enables teams to quickly and effectively overcome issues which might derail the success of projects. We can’t always plan and prepare for every issue which might arise, and it can be daunting to be faced with a situation which threatens our success or the potential growth of our organisation.
This course will give you the tools to face these unexpected problems with the confidence that you understand how to maintain control–of your team, the emotions and worries that problems bring, and you will be able to plan an approach which steers you through the situation to a satisfactory end result.
Having attended this workshop learners will be able to:
- Facilitate or take part in brainstorming sessions in an effective way by following some simple guidelines
- Build on the ideas of other participants whilst not critiquing these prematurely
- Identify different brainstorming techniques you can use so that you will have an effective approach for almost any situation
- Distinguish what is a problem and what is a solution
- Recognise the various problem-solving techniques available
- State the various guidelines around these problem-solving techniques
This is a one day workshop, broken down into a blend of group activity, personal reflection and action planning for applying the learning in your role beyond the completion of the workshop.
Learning is embedded with discussion of personal experience and understanding of problems and problem solving, and activities which give a broader knowledge of how to face challenging situations we all experience in working life, and support our team through them.