Many of the world’s best known organisations – including Barclays, BT, Coca Cola, Ford, GSK, Rothschild, Shell, Siemens and Unilever – have used the Leading Edge Paper Products (LEPP) simulation to accelerate the development of their middle and high potential managers, helping them to better understand their strengths, identify areas for improvement and build their skills and self-confidence.
Combining commercial, operational and strategic issues, and regularly updated to incorporate new technological, regulatory and market challenges, a three day facilitated residential event provides a safe setting in which to test participants’ ability to work together in a pressured environment to interpret complex data, develop innovative solutions and build consensus around a detailed plan of action.
Working in small groups, participants take the roles of the senior management team of LEPP’s three divisions. Just as in the real world, opportunities are plentiful, data is incomplete and frequently ambiguous, and financial resources are limited. With only six hours to discuss and agree a course of action, the need to address pressing operational issues while creating a new strategic vision – and a looming deadline for the presentation of their business case – quickly surfaces fault lines and dilemmas.
LEPP participants benefit from multiple complementary sources of rich feedback (including the MBTI® and FIRO-B® psychometrics, and 360 degree feedback). The simulation is closely observed and filmed throughout, allowing our facilitators to amass additional behavioural data. They also receive coaching to help them integrate their learning and insights with ‘real world’ situations.
- gain insights into their leadership styles and impact
- take away tools and techniques to improve others’ performance
- gain clear leadership goals and a support framework to embed new leadership behaviours
- learn how to create effective business networks
- learn to adapt their leadership approach to other people’s differing preferences and styles
- are equipped with the knowledge and skills to drive behaviours that support continuous improvement
+ DOWNLOAD GUIDE
Book a conversation with one of our consultants.